Make Your Stripe Account Live
If you have not already done so, you will need to make your Stripe account Live by following these steps:
- Sign up for a new account at www.stripe.com
- On the Welcome to Stripe screen, click on Go straight to your dashboard.
- In the upper left hand corner, turn it from Test to Live.
- Complete your application.
That's it! Now you can configure PeopleVine.
Now that you have setup your account with Stripe, you can follow these steps to integrate it into your PeopleVine account. For more information about payment processors supported by PeopleVine, please view this article.
- Login to your Stripe account by going to www.stripe.com and click on Sign in
- On the dashboard, click "API" (on the left).
- Copy the "LIVE Secret Key" (case sensitive, ensure no extra characters or spaces are brought over). - See step 5 below on where to paste in PeopleVine.
- Copy the "LIVE Publishable Key" (case sensitive, ensure no extra characters or spaces are brought over). - See step 5 below on where to paste in PeopleVine.
- If you are testing, copy the Test Secret Key values. If you are ready for production, copy the Live Secret Key values.
Please note that if you refresh your keys, you need to also update in PeopleVine too.
In order for recurring billing payments to work, you must uncheck validate CVC. Follow these steps:
- Go to Radar and click on Rules
- Under "Then, when should a payment be blocked?" uncheck "Block if CVC verification fails"
If you are not using recurring billing/subscriptions, then we recommend you leave this checked.
You will also need to update a setting that allows you to enable payments directly through PeopleVine's interface:
- Click on Settings on the left hand navigation
- Scroll down to Compliance and reporting and click on Integration under Compliance
- Click the Show advanced options link
4. Check Process payments unsafely and then check off that you confirm each of the other options.
5. Refresh the page and you will see the option is enabled.
The PeopleVine platform is PCI Compliant and is audited on a regular basis. Because of that, we don't need to rely on Stripe for this and leverage payments via their API for more flexibility. If you have an issue with confirming these changes, please check our other integrated payment providers.
- Login to your PeopleVine account.
- Click your company name and then click on Payment Processors
- Click on Register Payment Processor
- Select Stripe
- Enter the details found on the Stripe website and set this as your default processor.Place the Live Secret Key in Processor KeyPlace the Live Publishable Key in API Login ID
- You can now accept payments through PeopleVine via Stripe.