All files uploaded to PeopleVine are stored on our CDN (or content delivery network). This allows your media to be dispersed across our servers in order for optimal performance when retrieving the asset.
Currently we support uploading the following file types: png, jpeg, jpg, gif, mp3, avi, mp4, 3gp, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx, xlsm, htm, html, js, css, txt, csv, embed, url, ico, eot, svg, ttf, woff, wmv, m4v, ogv, webm, swf, otf, zip, woff2, zip and json.
These files can now be up to 100 MB in size.
To upload files, follow these steps:
- Login to the PeopleVine Control Panel
- Click on the Company Menu (your company name)
- Under the Media section you will find Upload Media and Upload Multiple Files
- Click on either one, if you use Upload Multiple Files then you can upload up to 50 files at a time.
- Set your settings and click Upload File(s)
Your files will now be uploaded to our CDN and a URL will be displayed in the file list for your reference.
Auto Resizing Images
When importing you can set the max width or max height of an image. The system will automatically resize the image based on your settings and store the resized file (not the original). A few things to note:
- If you are more concerned with width, then set max height to 0.
- The system will use the greatest of the values (so if your max height is 400 and max width is 300, we will use the height metric).
If you choose the option to crop, we will crop from the middle of the image, ultimately cutting off the top and bottom or left and right sides, depending on the ratio. Once again, we do not save the original file.