PeopleVine can keep all of your revenue channels in sync with Quickbooks. When one of the following activities occur, PeopleVine will automatically sync that data to your Quickbooks account. We currently sync the following:
- General Transactions
- Recurring Subscriptions (includes service and sku)
- Event Tickets (includes event and ticket in description)
- eCommerce Orders (includes product and sku)
When a transaction is completed in PeopleVine, we will sync the customer profile, the order info and mark the invoice as paid.
To get started with Quickbooks, follow these steps:
- Login to the PeopleVine Control Panel
- Click on the Company Menu > Settings & Tools > Integrated Platforms
- Click on Quickbooks Online then click on "Connect to Quickbooks"
4. Walk through the steps to authenticate PeopleVine and then once you're back to PeopleVine you can close that window.
Once you are connected, you will see Quickbooks in your list of integrations.
Setting Up Quickbooks
There are a few things we need you to setup in Quickbooks in order to ensure all transactions sync properly.
First, make sure you add new payment methods that match PeopleVine's payment methods. This includes the following:
We will automatically match Cash payments to Cash in QB, papercheck to Check in QB and all credit card types to Credit Card in QB. If one of the above does not exist, we will default to Other as the payment method, but if that doesn't exist we default to Cash.
Mapping Quickbooks Products to PeopleVine Items
In order to create accurate reporting, PeopleVine tries to send over consistent data nd product skus to Quickbooks. We map the following fields to the products by sku in Quickbooks:
- Memberships use membership_sku
- Products on an order use product_sku
- Events use event-# where # is the event_no
- Event Tickets use ticket-# where # is the event_ticket_no
- Appointments use either appointment-# or reservation-# where # is the schedule_item_no
- General charges will create a new sku as transaction-# where # is the transaction_no
Where Are Funds Deposited
As soon as a payment comes through it will apply to an existing invoice or setup a new one. The funds from this payment will be placed in Undeposited Funds unless you setup either a Bank Account or Other Current Assets Account that contains PV in the title (e.g. Chase Bank PV).