To get started, you need to sign up for a Postmates account and request developer access. To do this, follow these steps:
Go to https://postmates.com/developer and sign up
- Complete your profile
- You will then receive an e-mail to get started with the API
- When in the dashboard, click on Developer
- You will need the Production Key, Customer ID, Production Developer ID and Production Account ID to enter into PeopleVine
Now you will enter these values into PeopleVine:
- Go to https://control.peoplevine.com and go to the company menu where you'll find integrated platforms.
- Scroll until you find Postmates under Shipping
3. Now enter the 4 values provided by Postmates API.
Once you add the keys, we are now talking to Postmates. To enable Postmates as a shipping option, you will need to add a new shipping rule with "postmates" as the assign type.
Once this is added, we will find the closest location to your customer and submit that to Postmates for time and cost. Your customer will then be prompted with Postmates as an option.