Here's what you'll need in order to get staretd with online food ordering and curbside pickup:
- Identify an abbreviated (or full) menu to accomodate your customersIf you go under Sell > Commerce > Sales Report, you can identify your most popular products
- Plan some items with limited quantity available in order to ensure people order early (e.g. a popular dish, limited meal kits, a free bottle of wine, etc.)People need motivation during these unique times, so keep it fresh, keep it exclusive and keep them interested
- Determine if you're ordering delivery or curb side pickup or both.
Feel free to watch the video and see how each piece was setup. And yep, there's a learning curve, even I ran into a few things, but sure enough we're looking into a more efficient process to enable these capabilities. In less than 30 minutes you can start offering food service with curb-side pickup.
Selling Food on PeopleVine
There are two ways you can go about selling food and taking orders:
- Setup an ecommerce store/category allowing you to list products for sale, capture variations (e.g. sides, mods, etc.) and provide a shopping cart experience. In addition the ecommerce route allows you to offer delivery (as well as both offer pick-up)
- Leverage our events and ticketing engine to setup a limited quantity experience for each time you serve meals.
Setup an eCommerce Store
Your site has ecommerce built-in, simply go to Sell > Commerce > Setup New Product to add a new product for sale, then follow these steps:
- Set it as a physical product and then add at least the product title, attach a graphic and enter a price. These are the minimal options to allow ordering, however we recommend adding inventory to control availability.
- If the product has variations, you can either 1) setup a parent/child product relation (if different pricing) or 2) simply add a drop down or text box attribute.
- In additon, you can set member only pricing by adding an additional pricing level and assigning it to specific membership tiers.
Setup a Curbside Pickup Form
You can quickly setup a form where people can notify you when they have arrived for their pickup. This form can constitue things like:
- What type of vehicle are you in?
- What color is the vehicle?
- What area did you park?
As soon as someone completes the form, your staff will get an e-mail that someone arrived.