To setup a Member Directory, you will need to do a few things:
- Setup a membership program (enable the "Enable Directory" feature)
- Assign users to the membership program
- Add attributes so members can build out their member profile
By now, we hope you already know how to setup a membership program and add new members, but if not, here's a tutorial.
So lets jump to adding attributes so members can build their member profile. If you've done this for the business directory, it works the same way.
Follow these steps to add questions so people can build their member profile:
- Login to the PeopleVine Control Panel
- Go to the Company Menu and click on Setup New Attribute
- Change the Used For to Member Directory
4. Set the other values to prompt the user to fill out.
5. Check "set this attribute as searchable" if you want it to be filterable on the left.
Now members can view people in their own membership group (or category) by visiting /account/member/directory or by clicking on the link on their membership card in the portal.
Please note that permissions work as such:
- If you are an active member of a membership program that has the directory enabled, you can see others in your membership program.
- If you are an active member of a membership program that has the directory enabled, you can see others that are in a membership program in the same category.