You will need to update a few things when activating your new site:
- Domain Name default page and layout
- Setting the new layout to the default
- Updating any legacy pages with new layout
*Please note that changes can take up to 6 hours to update on your computer. Try in incognito/private or clear your cookies.
Domain Name default page and layout
PeopleVine Domains allows you to route your home page to any page or element in PeopleVine. You can set this on the domain level by following these steps:
- Login to the PeopleVine Control Panel
- Go to the Company Menu (click on your company name) > URLs & Domains > Domain Names > Manage Domain Names
- Find your [Default] domain name and click edit.
- Confirm you're using the default style
5. Then go to Setup your Redirect and click on Content and then search for the new home page.
6. Then click Update Domain
Setting the new layout to the default
The default layout (unless changed in the domain settings) is applied to all out of the box/generated pages in the platform. You can set the default by following these steps:
- Go to Engage > Layouts & Templates > Web Layouts > Manage Layouts
- Find the new layout (usually marked with v2) and click on edit.
- Check Set this as the default layout
4. Click Updated Layout and this will now be used for out of the box pages.
Updating any legacy pages with the new layout
When setting up a landing page, the system will set the page to the default layout automatically, but at times, you may hard code it. If so, follow these steps to ensure all pages are off the old layout:
- If you go to the menu of the old web layout, you will see all the Linked pages.
- Click on edit next to each page and update the layout.