So you are getting a few inquiries from your users related to access to your content, experiences and more? Follow these steps to troubleshoot what is going on:
- Go to your website where the user is having issues and click to Logout. You can also go to yourcompany.com/logout to do the same (or clear your cookies).
- Login to the PeopleVine Control Panel
- Find the person that is having issues and go to their CRM profile
- You can try to replicate their issue by clicking on the Login as Person link which will automatically take you to the /account page of your website (with their credentials).
If you are seeing the issue, here's what to do:
- If you are getting a "permissions" error message, then you will need to compare what permissions they have vs. what the content has.
- In the PeopleVine Control Panel find the customer and view which membership types they have access to.
- Then in the PeopleVine Control Panel find the item they are trying to view (content, scheduler, event, etc.) and view the permissions for that item.
- If the user has the same permissions as the item, then follow the steps below. If they don't have the same permissions, then that is why they are unable to access this item. You can either add the permissions to the person or remove them from the element (check with your admin to confirm).
If you are not seeing the issue, here's what to do:
If you are not running into the same issue, you will need them to follow these steps:
- Have the end user logout (by going to yourcompany.com/logout) and then log back in.
- Have the end user open the link in a Private/Incognito Mode
- If they are not having the issue there, then have them clear their cookies and try again.
- If they are still having issues in the Private/Incognito Mode then it is related to their permissions level.
Remember that membership programs can be used to gate access to specific items in PeopleVine. In order for someone to interact with an item that has permissions, the end user will also need to have those permissions.