The PeopleVine Checkout Engine powers all of the checkout experiences throughout PeopleVine. It enables a clean and secured checkout flow for your customers. We'll auto-load their info, surveys, gift cards and more in order to optimize the experience.
You can also leverage the Checkout Engine to route people to checkout through customized landing pages. This allows you to focus on design/flow of your page/experience while allowing PeopleVine to handle the full checkout experience.
Here are the variables you can pass into /checkout to optimize the experience:
- Main URL: /checkout/<reference_type>/<reference_no>
Send the user to this URL and we will auto-load all the content, pricing, etc.
- <reference_type> represents the item they are checking out with. We currently support the following:
- donate - for making a donation
- charge - for paying on an invoice
- affiliate_program - for registering as an affiliate
- event - for registering for an event or purchasing tickets (if purchasing tickets, pass in /ticket/<event_ticket_no> to the end of the URL e.g. /checkout/event/1234/ticket/5678)
- subscription - for subscribing to a service
- schedule - for scheduling an appointment (you must also pass in /slot/<schedule_slot_no> when booking an item e.g. /checkout/schedule/1234/slot/5678)
- <reference_no> is the object identifier (set it to 0 for donate and charge)
- Parameters: you can also pass the following parameters in the query string after the URL (e.g. ?amount=1234)
- address - set this to true or false to include or not include the address form
- company - set this to true or false to include or not include the need to add their company name
- survey_no - if you want to include a survey or override one, you can include survey_no=1234
- qty - enter the quantity they are purchasing (or we will default to 1)
- amount - when donating or charging, include the amount to charge them (accepts decimal)
- plan_type - for subscriptions, you can include the subscription frequency such as daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi, annually, trial or once
- duration - when scheduling, include the duration of the appointment or reservation block
- schedule_book_no - when scheduling, if they are changing a time slot, then include this to process any refunds/pro-rating when booking the new appointment
- tix - when purchasing multiple tickets you can include a JSON array of the event_ticket_no and qty