This article is a summation of all the features, existing articles and best practices for utilizing the NCR Aloha POS with PeopleVine.
We currently support the following features (as of 5/29/2019):
- Tracking member spend by adding their member ID to the order
- Allowing members to pay with their credit card on file
- Allowing members to pay with their house account, which we generate invoices and then auto-charge at the end of the month
- Ability to issue a digital currency (gift cards, reward certs, promo certs) that members (or registered gift card holders) can redeem at the POS
- Simple 1-click Verify button to ensure someone has a card on file or a balance on their digital currency
Along with these features, we provide the ability for both a full-service and self-service experience for managing your member's experience at the point of sale.
Tutorials and Videos
We recommend watching the following videos to see the experience for checking out and/or tracking your members at the POS. Please note that based on your version of Aloha and your configuration restrictions, your experience may be different.
POS Integration – Aloha – Paying with Credit Card on File
This tutorial provides the 3 steps for adding a member, verifying a member and then applying a payment to a member's account.
POS - Aloha - Split Checks for Multiple Members
If you ever encounter a situation where multiple members are dining together and/or want to split payments, you will need to split the checks and seats accordingly. Check out this tutorial to see how easy it is.
Please note that some features need to be enabled in configuration and will require a session with our integration partner Omnivore.
Check out these videos for additional walkthroughs on using the POS integration:
PeopleVine for Spaces - Using the POS to Validate a Member
Verify a Member ID to see their last name, CC flag (meaning they have a credit card on file) and $0.00 reflecting their remaining digital currency (gift card) balance.
PeopleVine for Spaces - Now Verify in 1 Tap of a Button
Another video on verifying a member.
PeopleVine for Spaces - Splitting Checks with Different Rewards Members
See the best practice for splitting a check when there are multiple members dining at the same table.
PeopleVine for Spaces - Utilize the Verify Button to Ensure they Have Card on File and/or a Balance
Watch a detailed walkthrough of using the verify button.
Pay with Rewards via the POS - Aloha - PeopleVine
Use this video to train your employees on using the pay with rewards option.
Pay with Rewards via the POS - Aloha - PeopleVine - Partial Payment
Similar to the previous, this shows an example of how the member didn't have enough balance to cover the entire check.
- Additional video on using the POS member ID, verify and card on file buttons